It sucks being a displaced fan sometimes. Tonight was one of them.
I tried- unsuccesfully, of course– to find a live stream of tonight’s game with Maine. Amazing how many sites that said they had a live stream, only to find, 10 link-clicks later, I need to sign up for some bogus account.
Alas, I had to comb ESPN for a box score, and wait for tweet updates of the game. Not nearly as fun as watching the game, as you might imagine.
Here’s what I found out about the game:
- Notre Dame sunk 12 three-pointers in the 97-72 victory over visiting Maine.
- Under Mike Brey, the Irish are now 34-0 at the Purcell Pavillion in November.
- Scott Martin returned and started after missing Friday’s game with back spasms. He scored 15 points.
- Tim Abromaitis was hot as a pistol (Jason McElwain voice) in the first half. He scored 17 first-half points, making all five of his shots. He made three threes (four for the game) and was 4-4 on free throws.
- Abromaitis was 4-for-24 on threes before tonight. He finished tonight 4-5 on 3’s for 26 points.
- Ben Hansbrough scored 11 points on 2 of 7 shooting. Tyrone Nash posted a double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds. I have loved this guy since I saw him tip in a game-winner in high school when he visited Springfield for the HoopHall Classic.
And I somehow came across this video:
I’m sorry I made you watch that video, although it’s cool to see a former player coaching now. I just found it funny that Mike Brey said he’s a big fan of the American East. My cousin played in the American East. Aside from Vermont for a couple years, the American East is boring basketball. No one should be a fan.
Next Game: 7 pm, Thanksgiving, in Orlando, Florida for the Old Spice Classic.
Notre Dame is now 4-0, but the real test will start at the Old Spice Classic and continue in Lexington against Kentucky before the Irish head home in time to host Gonzaga.