Notre Dame advances to the quaterfinals

Today ESPN SportsNation announced the winners of the opening of round of their bracket-style tournament on which college has the best football traditions. Notre Dame, ranked #1, faced off against #16 West Virginia. And as many expected, the Irish won.

I don’t believe this wasn’t much of a contest. Slapping the sign is a world famous tradition that clearly outmatches WVU’s “hold the rope.”
The nation agreed with me. 72% of the total fan vote was for ND, leaving only 28% for West Virginia. The only state that had majority to WVU was, you guessed it, West Virginia.

Here’s the video of ND’s tradition again incase you missed it.

Check back with SlapTheSign next Monday as we break down Notre Dame’s next opponent, #8 seed Georgia.

Topics: College Football, Daniel Battle, Espn, Espn Sports Nation, Football, Notre Dame, Slapthesign, Tradition

Want more from Slap the Sign?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

TEAMFeed More Fighting Irish news from the Fansided Network

Hot on the Web From