Notre Dame lose in semi-finals of traditions tournament

Image from

It was a good run, but the “Play Like A Champion Today” tradition fell just a little short today. Florida State (yet again basketball fans) defeated us with ease, which ended Notre Dame’s chance at the finals.

Florida State had a jaw dropping 80% of the fans votes, leaving only 20% for us. It is not the way you want to lose, but it’s not like it was an actual game. It was a fan voted tournament which the winner (the school) was given free copies of NCAA FOOTBALL 12 by EA Sports.

Also, even though our tradition is very historic, I do enjoy Florida State’s. The Indian slamming the arrow on the ground with 90,000 plus fans going crazy gives me goose bumps. It’s not a place I would want to play as an away team. So, congratulations FSU and good luck in the finals.

Topics: College Football, Daniel Battle, EA Sports, Espn, Espn Sports Nation, Irish, NCAA Football 2012, Notre Dames Pre Game Tradition

Want more from Slap the Sign?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

TEAMFeed More Fighting Irish news from the Fansided Network

Hot on the Web From