Matt Fortuna wrote an article on the latest news on Notre Dame recruiting. Looks like things can get interesting as far as recruiting.
Let’s take a look at what he said.
- Four-star wide receiver Jordan Payton (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian) will announce his future at Saturday’s U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Damon Sayles writes. Notre Dame, Michigan, California and UCLA are Payton’s finalists.
- Four-star lineman Arik Armstead (Elk Grove, Calif./Pleasant Grove) will not announce his future at the Army Bowl, Sayles writes. The 6-foot-8, 290-pound defensive tackle is believed to be down to Notre Dame, Oregon, California, Texas and Auburn.
- Junior center Dustin Dennig (South Bend, Ind./Washington) recently sent his film to Notre Dame, Michigan State, Boston College, Purdue and others, Jared Shanker writes. His only two visits have been to MSU.
- Four-star athlete David Perkins (South Bend, Ind./Washington), an Irish de-commit, will visit MSU Jan. 27 and Ohio State at some point this month, Shanker writes.
- St. Pete Catholic (St. Petersburg, Fla.) running back Ryan Greenhas impressed at the Under Armour All-American Combine, Corey Long writes. The junior has offers from Notre Dame, Florida State, Florida, South Florida, Kentucky and several other schools, and he has visited Notre Dame, Florida and FSU.
- Irish commit KeiVarae Russell (Everett, Wash./Mariner) is an option to return kicks for the West team in Saturday’s Army Bowl, Sayles writes.
- Junior David Williams (Philadelphia/West Catholic) picked up his ninth offer, from Arizona State this week, Shanker writes. The running back planned to visit Notre Dame this season but had flight problems and is hoping to make it this offseason.
- Four-star safety Elijah Shumate (Ramsey, N.J./Don Bosco Prep) will announce his future at Saturday’s Army Bowl, Roger Brown writes. Notre Dame, which is reportedly recruiting him to play running back, is among the finalists, along with South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Rutgers.
Obviously, this is the kind of talent you expect to bring in at South Bend. Stick with SlapTheSign to find out if these recruits actually commit (if they haven’t already).