Earlier this morning, the Fighting Irish took the field for some light workouts without pads. Not too much was going on, but here’s some highlights of the day.
- Tommy Rees took first team snaps at quarterback, as so did Andrew Hendrix. Sophomore Everett Golson took second team snaps. Freshmen Gunner Kiel was a bystander today.
- Head Coach Brina Kelly was working with the quarterback for most of the practice.
- The first-team receivers were Robby Toma, TJ Jones and fifth-year John Goodman.
- Aaron Lynch and Stephon Tuitt surrounded nose guard Louis Nix on the defensive line during first team drills.
- USC transfer Amir Carsile was on the sideline after breaking his ankle earlier this month. He is expected to return during summer workouts.
Not too much came out of today’s practice, but the most interesting thing I took out of it was Tommy Rees getting the majority of first team reps. It gives me the flashback of last season between Dayne Crist and Tommy Rees.
The Irish’s next practice isn’t until Friday at 8am ET.