After a controversial Tweet on his Twitter page, Louis Nix, a star guard for Notre Dame, reassured Irish fans that he will be on the team come September. This news comes after last week’s Aaron Lynch departure.
Nix stated on hsi Twitter page, “Hopping on the Delta and might never come back.” In response to his tweet, here’s what Nix had to say.
“I’m here now,” Nix said Wednesday. “You see me.”
So he will be there, say, come September?
“Should be,” Nix replied.
Irish coach Brian Kelly would like a consistent force at the point of attack. Nix would like to be comfortable enough to perform well enough to earn an NFL contract. So far, rumblings about unhappiness haven’t led to an exit, though the thought previously crossed his mind.
“Once upon a time in life, yes I have,” Nix said, when asked if he ever contemplated leaving. “I do it for my family, my girl. I keep my head on straight, I’ll be fine.
“I’m here. That’s all that matters.” -Chicago Tribune
Other players have said that they have spoken to Nix and that he’s 100% focused on the task at hand.
Brian Kelly is confident in the situation Nix is in and that he’ll not leave South bend/
“If he is going through anything, it’s just a matter of life at Notre Dame,” Kelly said. “I know there have been a lot of reports about what Louis said and what he didn’t say. I don’t see that. I see a guy who is upbeat.” -Chicago Tribune
Do you think the pressure of Notre Dame is scaring players away? Be sure to discuss it with us in the comments section below!