In reality, the number of recruits with true interest is probably lower than five. But, as we have seen in the past recruits can come from off the board to sign with the Fighting Irish. Here are five recruits that have interest in Notre Dame and are still uncommitted or looking around. Logically, if they have visited, it does give Notre Dame at least a long spot of being the player’s final choice. If they have not visited then it would be a leap of faith to select Notre Dame
1. Eddie Vanderdoes — DL — Placer, CA (Placer): Vanderdoes is scheduled to make his announcement at 8 p.m. EST live on MaxPreps.com on National Signing Day. Vanderdoes has a final list of five schools: Alabama, Notre Dame, UCLA, USC and Washington. He visited Alabama this past weekend. He also has visited Notre Dame and USC this past month. He represents Notre Dame’s best chance at landing another commitment on Wednesday.
2. Kylie Fitts — DE — Redlands, CA (East Valley): Fitts de-committed from USC when they denied him early enrollment. There has been plenty of speculation about why that happened. Since then, Fitts has visited Notre Dame, UCLA and Utah.
3. Deon Hollins Jr. — OLB — Missouri City, TX (Marshall): Hollins visited Notre Dame the weekend of January 25th. It has been reported that he enjoyed his trip. However, it appears that Hollins will stick to his UCLA commitment.
4. L.J. Moore — CB — Fresno, CA (Central High East): Moore visited Notre Dame when the Irish battled the Wolverines under the lights of Notre Dame Stadium. When Cole Luke committed to Notre Dame, the staff slowed its recruitment of Moore because they had filled their allotment of corners. If Notre Dame would take his commitment, they probably would be one of the top teams on his list. Things get wild and desperate at the last moment. If Moore signed with Notre Dame, it would be surprising. But, he did have genuine interest in the Fighting Irish.
5. Torrodney Prevot — DE — Houston, Texas (Taylor): Notre Dame was set to get a visit from the 4-star Defensive End at some point in January. However, that has fallen through. A commitment from Prevot would be a shot in the dark. But, there was interest between the two parties at some point.