Kyle Allen Releases Top 5

Jan 3, 2013; Miami, FL, USA; Notre Dame Fighting Irish quarterback Tommy Rees (11) during practice for the 2013 BCS National Championship game against the Alabama Crimson Tide at Nova Southeastern University. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

Regardless of what happens on or off the field, Notre Dame Football Recruiting must go on. Situations on and off the field change the priorities for the staff during each recruiting cycle. The suspension of Everett Golson and transfer of Gunner Kiel have made landing a Quarterback a huge need.

Kyle Allen is one of the top prospects in the nation. He hails from Scottsdale, Arizona. According to Rivals and Scout, Allen is the top Quarterback in the 2014 class. Rivals has Allen ranked as the 27th best prospect overall.

Allen released a Top 5 via Twitter on Tuesday night. He listed, in no particular order, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M and UCLA.

The Arizona Quarterback will visit South Bend on June 10th-11th.

247Sports’ Crystal Ball has predicted that there is an 80% chance that Allen will select the UCLA Bruins. However, the other 20% represents Notre Dame’s chances. Allen has unofficially visited UCLA on April 27th, 2013. However, he has yet to visit Notre Dame. When he does so, it could swing the odds in Notre Dame’s favor.

Topics: Football, Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Want more from Slap the Sign?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix. Enter your email and stay in the know.

TEAMFeed More Fighting Irish news from the Fansided Network

Hot on the Web From