2014 Notre Dame Football Recruiting
As previously stated in the Recruiting Board 3.0, the Irish will likely not have a high rate of success with their remaining prospects. With the remaining recruits, Notre Dame will likely land two. However, Notre Dame is solidly in the battle for others.
Here are the players who Slap the Sign believes will eventually sign with the Fighting Irish on National Signing Day:
Additions to Mock Class
- Nyles Morgan: Notre Dame has gone from not in the recruitment, to unlikely, to likely favorite for the 4-star Inside Linebacker from Crete-Monee High School in Crete, Illinois. Morgan’s mother is likely playing a huge role in pushing him away from the SEC and towards South Bend. Additionally, any recruit who sees campus on Saturday and Sunday during game weekend then immediately returns in the middle of the week has serious interest in the program. The Irish need Morgan. Morgan has great reasons to select Notre Dame. The decision adds up right now to Notre Dame’s 23 commitment and perhaps the most important recruit in the 2014 class.
- Payton Hendrix: Hendrix has seemed likely to select Notre Dame since his visit in October with teammate Nick Watkins. Notre Dame represents the best program on Hendrix’s offer sheet. Having one of his high school friends already committed only helps the Irish in the recruitment.
Here are some notes and thoughts on others:
- Isaiah McKenzie: McKenzie will be in the 2014 Notre Dame Football recruiting class if his transcripts and test scores reflect the type of student athlete that Notre Dame is looking for. If not, he will have to find another spot.
- Michiah Quick: Quick probably has Notre Dame as his second favorite team at the moment behind Oklahoma. But, it could easily be the Irish as well.
- JuJu Smith: Smith is likely to commit to USC. However, if he does not, Notre Dame would probably be his destination.