Notre Dame Football
Notre Dame practiced in front of media and coaches over the weekend. Here are some the highlights and observations that are to be gleaned from the footage available:
- Notre Dame’s cornerbacks, in particular KeiVarae Russell and Matthias Farley, appear to be playing extremely physical against receivers. This could indicate a shift in defensive scheme from Diaco to VanGorder. The 2014 Irish will play much more man-to-man defense than they have before. Farley looks extremely physical. However, it is hard to believe that pass inference was not called on his reps versus Will Fuller. For what it is worth, referees were on hand and no flags were thrown.
- Speaking of Farley, every rep that he had on tape showed a very physical cornerback who is able to cover some of the best receivers on Notre Dame’s roster.
- Max Redfield did not look to be having a good day against the pass. He was beaten badly by CJ Prosise and Cam McDaniel.
- Corey Robinson looks to be developing as an excellent wide receiver. His size really hamstrings opposing cornerbacks who are beaten even when they have great coverage.
- Neither Quarterback looked to be tremendously accurate.