Notre Dame faces an undefeated Navy team on Saturday afternoon
There’s no more room for imperfection for Notre Dame after losing to Clemson last week, 24-22. This is a reality that the Irish need to recognize as they enter a possible trap game. Notre Dame returns to South Bend this weekend to take on Navy in the longest lasting rivalry in college football.
More from Slap the Sign
- PointsBet Promo: Bet $50, Win an Official Jersey at Fanatics!
- Notre Dame vs NC State: How to watch, odds, injuries, series history and more
- Caesars Indiana Sign-Up Promo: Win $250 GUARANTEED Bonus Betting on Notre Dame This Week!
- FanDuel + DraftKings Indiana Promos: Bet $10 on Notre Dame, Win $400 Bonus GUARANTEED!
- New Caesars + DraftKings Indiana Promos: $450 GUARANTEED Bonus Backing Notre Dame vs. Navy!
So, what does Notre Dame need to do going into this game? First off, respect the Midshipmen. This is still a 4-0 team and they run the triple option, which is known to cause problems for Irish defenses. But, Notre Dame already defeated the triple option against Georgia Tech. The Irish should be set right?
Every triple option team has its own nuances. Navy is as similar to Georgia Tech as they different. The Yellow Jackets also doesn’t have Keenan Reynolds. Reynolds is on the verge of breaking the NCAA record for rushing touchdowns in a career. The Navy signal-caller currently has 73, just 4 short of Wisconsin’s Monte Ball.
The Senior Quarterback deserves every ounce of respect that he receives. Not only is it a ton of pressure to run the triple option, knowing that you have to make the right decision every time, but he does it to perfection. The Irish Defense has to ensure that they are not outsmarted by Reynolds on Saturday.
This is a game that Notre Dame cannot get a slow start. The Irish must start fast and finish strong as Kelly preaches. The Defense is going to have a long hard fought battle. The Midshipmen will not quit because they are down by a significant margin.
Here is how to watch (or listen) to the Fighting Irish on Saturday afternoon:
- Time: 3:30 P.M. ET
- TV: NBC
- Stream: NBCSportsLiveExtra
- Radio: Sirius XM 129
- Spread: Notre Dame (-16)