Notre Dame track and field punched their ticket to their 26th consecutive track and field NCAA Championships.
The Fighting Irish didn’t need long to secure their spot in the 2017 NCAA Championships, earning their spot on day one of the East Regional in Louisville, Kentucky. Notre Dame has punched one ticket to Eugene, Oregon, while four others made it to the postseason at Kentucky’s Cliff Hagan Stadium.
Starting with junior, Jordan Shead, who earned her spot in the quarterfinals in little time. Starting with a second-place finish in her meet, and following it up with a 21st overall finish in the 400m hurdles. By placing in the top three of her event, Shead will compete in the quarterfinals on Friday.
From there, Notre Dame finished with three other quarterfinal qualitifications, while barely missing on others. As these athletes compete on Friday, they will be fighting to earn spots in the semifinals on Saturday.
Here is a full list of events for the final two days of the 2017 East Regional:
- 4:30 p.m. Men’s Pole Vault First Round Nate Richartz
- 7 p.m. Women’s 400m Hurdles Quarterfinal Jordan Shead
- 2 p.m. Men’s Discus First Round Anthony Shivers
- 6 p.m. Men’s High Jump First Round Matthew Birzer, Hunter Holton
- 6 p.m. Women’s Shot Put First Round Indi Jackson, Abbey Kapitan
- 6:30 p.m. Women’s 1500m Quarterfinal Dani Aragon, Jessica Harris
- 6:45 p.m. Men’s 1500m Quarterfinal Jacob Dumford
- 8:05 p.m. Women’s 5000m Semifinal Anna Rohrer
Friday’s action will begin at 5:30 pm EST and Saturday’s will start at 6 pm EST. For all track and field updates, stay connected with Slap the Sign and follow @NDXCTF on Twitter.